Monday, February 1, 2010

The Building of a Nest

The Spring Exhibition of student artwork is in two weeks. I have been blessed with a few solid concepts from which I am building up a small body of work. I don't want to go into any sort of detail for two reasons. Firstly, I would hope that you would come and see them for yourself in the Bitsy Irby Gallery. Secondly, I have an understanding of the work and where it is coming from, but I am learning so much as the pieces advance. I couldn't explain them to you well enough.

I will say, however, that the pieces are birthed from a series on insects and deal with relationships and socialization.

On the topic of art I will say this: It is fast becoming my lifeblood and I am overwhelmed by the fact that through it, God will provide for me and for others. I am excited to see how I will be used and what will be said through my art. I have not had any serious doubts about whether or not this is what I should be doing. Anytime I begin to lean towards insecurites at all, I am reassured that this is what I was created for.

Bring me an opportunity to think. Bring me simplicity. Bring me a deadline. Bring me the opportunity to fufill God's wishes- to be a creation after my own Creator. Let him use my hands. Let me build a nest.

"This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business, and working with your hands." I Thessalonians 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment