Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh, the Mind that Wanders...

I made an exceptionally bitter cup of coffee this morning which I decided was still worth drinking in Western Civilization, where I was sitting and letting my thoughts drift. The grounds were stale, perhaps. It was cool this morning, but not too cool...sweater weather. Spring covers everything now. It smells different, looks different, feels different. It's awakening...inspiring. A few days ago, I took my finger to the top of a yellow-dusted trash can. "I write pollenear lines..." or something likewise. I've become determined to come up with a better use for "pollenear". I don't want to throw it around, though. It feels different from other words. I should look it up to see if it exists somewhere aside from my collection.

This sidewinds my mind to "Slaughterhouse Five". What takes me there is the thought that perhaps, even if no one has used a word yet, that the word still exists, has and always will exist (at some point in time, to be summonsed). Does it seem plausible for a word to pop into existence upon being spoken by the common man? It seems to me that perhaps they are already there, somewhere, waiting (some longer than others) to be spoken, not into existence (for only God speaks things truly into existence), but into action. [Pollinear for example, may have been waiting until March, 2010 to be sent into that active space between ear and mind, and mind and concept, ect., ect.] How it got into this place of hibernation, if you will, undoubtedly is an act of God. For He did speak everything into existence. The power of His WORD was great enough to create all others. That leaves me awestruck.

If you've read "Slaughterhouse Five", you will understand the correlation. If not, allow me to attempt an explanation. Billy, a veteran of WWII, believes himself to have been abducted by the a group of aliens, the Tralfamadorians, who place him in a zoo where he is observed and taught about the fourth dimension and the true nature of time. They claim that there is a long timeline, navigable forwards and backwards. This allows Billy to time travel. The Tralfamadorians tell him that any given moment exists...has existed...always will exist. I hope I've not given too much away or altered your desire to read the book.

Maybe you'd appreciate a list of vocab?


*ameliorate: [v.] to prove
*neophyte: [n.] a novice
*impecunious: [adj.] having little or no money
*defenstrate:[v.] to throw out of a window
*redolent: [adj.] having a pleasant odor

No comments:

Post a Comment