Thursday, March 4, 2010

Remember: (me as a time of day)(everything you can).


Horray, random commentary:

1. Donald Hubele...
is an English professor who has singlehandedly mastered the art of facetiousness. Posing questions as brilliant as "Why are mermaids so seductive? The bottom half of them looks like a carp.", Hubele has a way with words and of questioning the world around him. I once drew him, starting from a mole on his face, which I believe is my favorite of his noticeable physical characteristics, except for perhaps his mustache. His entire basement is filled with books and tools, (the essentials), and he blames the little mishaps of life on the supposed alcoholism of whoever happens to be close at hand.

2. My Contacts...
Are exceptionally dry. I feel as if they are affixed to my irises.

3. Mint Green...
is the color of my chipping nail polish. Also, it reminds me of hospital chair pleather.

4. Two...
the number of cups of coffee I've had this week. I could go for a Cappucchino, dry.

5. Boris...
is the fictional boy that I created with the Berry kids. His grandfather is a Russian onion farmer. Boris has a very disproportionate head and a hairy mole. I want to write a children's story about him.

6. To West Texas...
and "Remember me as a Time of Day" by Explosions in the Sky, along with "Theme", "Phone Call", and "Elephant Parade" from the soundtrack to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, are my favorite songs to turn on while I'm taking a walk. Incidentally, Eternal Sunshine has only further convinced me of the beauty of color and of life and of laughter...of sharing those, and of not forgetting anything that you can help remembering.

I'm exceptionally exhausted. My quilt and sheets smell of fresh laundry. Away I go, to sink deep within them and to dream ...and hopefully, in the morning, I can add them to my list of things remembered...

1 comment: