Monday, March 8, 2010

Shining, Fresh, and Uninspected

I feel as if I should be overwhelmed this week. I took the first of my four tests this morning. I have to complete two sculptures by the end of the semester, transform my drawing series into a body of work, while maintaining sketchbooking habits, compile a Creative Writing Portfolio and Journal, and keep up with academics. I have a vast quantity of books I'd like to read and adventures that I'd like to have. I need to catch up. I'm moving slowly and surely. For now, I'm alright, but I feel that at some point, it is all going to come together in a collision. Maybe it won't. I've always survived in the past.

I should feel overwhelmed, but today I just feel happy. I feel like Tom Hamilton from East of Eden. Our worlds are both "shining and fresh and as unispected as Eden on the sixth day". It's the perfect temperature outside for life. It's the perfect temperature for living.

I'm anticipating Spring Break with open arms. I want to tap my hands on the steering wheel all the way home. I want to hug my family. I want to sit and drink coffee with my grandfather. I want to gather up all the children that I babysit and play neighborhood games with them. I want to have a picnic with my mom beside the Mis'sip. I want to wake up early and have adventures with my dog. I want to watch a movie with James and climb on the church roof with Mark like we've planned to. I want to lie in the grass in my yard and watch the stars do nothing...maybe shoot by. I want to wake up one morning, pack an assortment of "necessities" and go out, alone, into the world that I miss. I do NOT want to waste one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment